Sunday, May 11, 2008

6 Men & a Sofa!!!!

Well, as so me of you know.. we are moving.. or have moved... And this was my worry, how were we going to get our sofa, out of our 2nd story apt. an into our new one... There is a permanent scratch on the apartment door and a chip in the stucko- from moving it in.. so how in the world were we( or should i say Rhett) going to get it out?? Well good thing these medical school boys are still in good shape.. ha ha... they got it out with ease, but dont even worry Rhett had about 6 friends there helping!!! I know our front door is built on an angle, i know weird, looks great but weird, and we had our own stairwell and a small column right after the front door, so it made it a little complicated, and i was seriously worried that the sofa was going to just drop right off the stairwell... which would have been a good excuse to get a new one!! Ha Ha...
So we are finally all moved in... well at least our stuff is moved in... now trying to organize it all in time for sunday dinner.... hmm...
If you look closely on the right of the massage chair... Rhett had some school papers there... That is right out of all the places in our new bigger apt. Rhett had the most room to study here in the living room... i felt so bad for the poor guy... So i worked on the living room first....

16 comments:

Andrea F. said...

oh boy we are supposed to be moving soon..i'ts alright packing but hate unpacking!! good thing you guys had all those helpers it makes a world of difference!! you need to let me know the next time your in st. george i would for sure love to make a trip down there then we can get together!
btw..my mom said you bro and his wife are in my parents ward she said your little nephew is such a cutie!!

Charise said...

Moving is always crazy! I hope you like your new place! :)

Christin said...

Good times for sure! I hate hate hate moving and I don't even have a sofa!

Mariesa M. said...

That's so funny you took a picture of your couch hanging out over the stairs! I would've been freaking out. That's awesome your hubbys going to med school!! You guys make a cute couple!

kalie said...

Yikes, you've reminded me that we have to do this same thing in a few weeks. Eek! Well, looks as though you handled it w/ grace, as always. I like the changes to your blog, BTB.

Criscell said...

So glad everything went okay. You make me want to move pretty bad! We'll see what happens...

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Moving - no fun! We helped my sister move this weekend. Those couch pictures reminded me of the guys moving my sister this weekend - haha :)

Good luck getting settled!

Jess said...

Oh man! I hate moving! Sara, we have the same sofa...except mine is pretty beat up after two kids:) How's Rhett doing in School? He gets the summer off right? We should hang out sometime. Oh, and I love your new background...So cute!

Dave and Natasha said...

Oh, moving... gotta love it! We moved 3 times in a month, just a few months back! We moved from our house in St. George up to Summit, then moved back like 2 weeks later, then a few weeks after that we moved again to where we live now! I'm glad we don't have to move anymore, but now that our house will be closing on the 22nd we have to move all the stuff in our garage that we didn't bring with us! ...Actually, Dave will be moving all that stuff, since I can't carry anything! Too bad! ;) After being married for almost 4 years you gather a lot of stuff! I'm glad your sofa made it out okay though! Our sofa is also a pain to move because it is sooo huge, it barely fits through normal size doors! We had to trade my parents for their sofa when we moved up to Summit because it wouldn't fit into the old house up there, the door was like 6 inches too small!

Morgan said...

WOW!! How are you?? Thanks for saying something on my page, I don't do a lot of blog hopping so I never know who's out there!!!

I see you live in PHX. We just got home from there last night. My husband's family all lives there, mostly in the Gilbert, Chandler, Queen Creek area though. I love it there and I love how close we live to it now.

I can't wait to keep up with your page!

Whitney and Chris said...

Hey Sara! I'm so glad you found me! Your blog is so cute! It will be so fun to keep in touch. It's been way too long! Moving is the pits. Chris has vowed to never do it himself again! It's amazing how much you acquire just in the few short years we've all been married! Good luck with the unpacking!

Melenie said...

ha, last time we moved I was begging people to drop my furniture so that I could go shopping, I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Melenie said...

oh, I have the same couch too, mine's green. Gotta love the microfiber, you'll like it even more when you have a baby.

hilary said...

i hope you're getting all organized! you can seriously call me if you need help. and i like your new background, it's cute! and i don't think it's too hard to read!

McDuffie Family said...

ooooooooo..cool and exciting. funny about the couch and all the help!

Linds said...

Fun...new homes are so fun...not the moving part, but once your in! I hope everything is going great for you!