Thursday, October 30, 2008

Weekend in Vegas!!!

Here is my handsome husband at the D.O. Convention in Vegas last weekend!! He did some research over the summer, and he made a poster to present his research at the convention. His poster turned out awesome! He and one of his research buddies did a great job... his professor told him maybe he should take up graphic design instead of being a doctor... hmm.. i dont think she knows how much debt we are in---!! Also, i am so proud of him, not only for this, but because I wasn't even there.. but he still had HIS picture taken!! Good Boy!!


On a side note... when the convention was over Rhett and his friend Ryan, went and drove through Wendy's all dressed up in their shirts and ties around 10 at nite, and the kid in the drive up window says
"The only people dressed like that where i am from are mormons..."
Rhett & Ryan: "Umm... We're Mormons..."
My guess is after that, there was an awkward pause and long moment of silence while they exchanged food for money, because i forgot to mention the fact, that it was Sunday, and then Rhett said, they drove off rather fast!! I thought it was so funny!!
BTW- I know your thinking oh that kid must be from Utah... nope Washington State!!

9 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey! We were in Vegas this last weekend too! Too bad we didn't know you guys were there, we could have gone to dinner or something!

Amber said...

That's story about the drive through mad me laugh!

hilary said...

look at your cute hubby! i love that you said "good boy"! haha, so true though! i'm impressed he remembered. funny story about the drive through!

sorry i never texted you back last night, we went to the temple. and no,we are not out of town! but thank you for leaving those blocks on my porch!! sorry if our nasty rotting pumpkins were still there... still haven't figured out that you can't carve pumpkins in arizona until it is actually halloween or else they don't last!

Criscell said...

Ha ha! What a funny story about Rhett! His poster does look great. I bet you wish you could have gone with him! We missed seeing you at the Midwestern party last night. What were you guys up to?

Crescent said...

Sounds like you guys are keeping really busy, but having a good time there! So I totally love your Joy and Boo blocks that you made...some friends and I want to do some for Christmas presents...can you tell me now you did everything? Where did you you get the wood, what adhesive did you use for the paper, where did you get the letters, etc....just whatever you think we need to know! You come up with the cutest things and I love it when you post them on your blog!! Hope you are doing well!

Bevin&Jeremy said...

good job Rhettser! We cant wait to see you guys when you come for thanksgiving. I just finished one tree hill and i seriously peed my pants. I cant believe how intense! Jeremy was addicted too, even though he says he was just watching it cause i wanted to.

McDuffie Family said...

that's a funny story! happy 3rd late by the way! way cute couple!

Crescent said...

Thanks for all of your advice for the blocks, you are the best! Hopefully we'll be able to make them half as cute as yours. I'll email you if I have any other questions! And keep posting your cute crafts on your blog, I love it!

Jessica McAllister said...

Cute projects. We miss you guys in Cedar I hope Derek gets an interview in Arizona, I would love to go there.