Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October in Arizona!!!



Well, I decided it was time to bust out the halloween decor!! My sister n law asked if i was going to put out halloween decorations and i said no-- i think ill wait until christmas before i start decorating. But once again it was almost 100 degrees today, and i figure if i put out my halloween decor-- it will have to start cooling down and feeling like fall. I miss the bright red leaves, and the wind in my hair, and the cool crisp evenings.... nope not in AZ we have dead grass, green trees, a packed pool, i am still running our AC!!!


So here is my decor, i think this wreath turned out pretty cute-- i made it last year, i saw it in a magazine, and well i revamped it so it would have a little "bling...", I like my wreaths *sparkly!!!* I need to to get some fishing string so that i can dangle some spiders-- but i havent done it yet. Oh, and dont walk by my apartment and expect to see the wreath outside hanging on our front door... you see we have a funky door and it wont close when i have my wreath hanger on the door.... so ill have to think of soemthing else.... besides forcing it shut and then not being able to get it open again... which Rhett stepped in, while i waas shuving the door closed and told me that wasnt going to work... so i had to take it down and it is now hanging up in the hall.... until further notice anyway.

12 comments:

Jess said...

I know...Isn't it sad? I guess in mid-winter when everyone is complaining of the cold we'll be happy!

Cute wreath by the way!

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Sorry about the hot weather down there. We are still hot here :(. I am ready for some cooler weather... but after like a month I'm ready for it to be hot again:). Great job on the wreath!! It is super cute!

Criscell said...

I remember your wreath from last year. SUPER CUTE--but then, everything you make is, so no surprise there. I am SICK of this hot weather too!

The Ericksons said...

Cute wreath your'e so clever!

XO said...

It feels like we're all just hanging in there - waiting and waiting for the weather to cool down. There's always hope, but I wouldn't plan any "chilly" Halloween costumes...

Andrea F. said...

luv the wreath you are always super creative!! i feel ur pain..it's still in the upper 90's here in lv..im praying it's gets cooler at least by christmas:)

Linds said...

Cute wreath! I love it! Sorry about it not really feeling like fall... I feel like it has just barely started here! You might just have to come and visit!

Drew and Michele said...

love, so cute!!

Becky Hill said...

hey sarah you might not remember us but i ran across your blog and wanted to say hi. this is becky and darrin hill, rhett and darrin were good friends in high school. anyways hope everything is going good for you guys down there and tell rhett hi for us. our blog is dbhill.blogspot.com

Christin said...

Cute cute cute! You may miss the fall but I'm sure you won't miss the fall, or wish you were in Utah when I blog about sliding down the top of the hill I live on, on my way to work come January! I should try to enjoy the fall more but all I can think is "it's going to be a LONG winter if it's already this cold!"

Melissa Rees said...

That totally happens to me all the time! I get so excited to hang something up and the door won't close! I already scratched the closet door bigtime, but the front door is okay. But, it split down the middle (we don't know why) so now we get a new one. Go figure! It's really weird being back in Utah and feeling the fall weather coming on. I'm actually excited for winter!

McDuffie Family said...

Love the wreath! Sorry about the hot weather, we started to cool down here in S.G., but the days are starting to warm up again........which is fine, just as long as the nights stay cool and I can open my windows......love that part of fall!