Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Frei's are going GREEN!!!!

Since, we have been home from Utah, it seems we have been seriously busy!! Rhett is his Surgery rotation... and life couldn't be more lonely!! He is gone so much-- i feel so bad for him, just looking at him i feel tired!! But today is the last day(YAY!!! shout from the roof tops, get surgery out of here, and never let me return until next year!!).
BTW-- for you future surgery rotater wives out there, my hubby left at 530 this morning(no exaggerating) and it is 6:15 and guess who is still not home?? When Rhett went on the first day, he asked the intern
"So, what is my schedule like??"
the Intern replied with, "Be here by six, and when we are done we are done."


Holy Crap!! I haven't decided what is worse on my part, Not knowing WHEN the heck he is coming home, or feeling horrible when it is 7 at night and he is still not home!! Not to mention, i cant talk to him the WHOLE day! AAAHHH... but alas, today is the last day...


So, while Rhettser has been away(so to speak) I have done some re-organizing. Organizing is one of my favorite past times... i know pathetic... sometimes i just pull things out of closets just so that i can reorganize it(how lame o is that, I should get another hobby, but i cant i am addicted to organizing things). So my kitchen cupboards have been driving me crazy, we have these HUGE, very TALL cupboards in our kitchen, wonderful dont you think??? Not so much, our dear wonderful, crazy apt. people only out one shelve in them!! Seriously look how tall they are?? I can stack 2 HUGE cans of oatmeal on top of each other, they are so tall, who has anything that tall in a cupboard??? So i originally bought some shelves and that worked a little. Then i went to our new wonderfully, large, newly remodeled, and added Walmart Supercenter, and found stacking shelves and they work wonders for can storage!! So i bought four and for $20 i saved a little bit of sanity and time when i am in the kitchen, i DONT, repeat dont like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen!! Beautiful, dont ya think???



Also, i have been wanting to spruce up our living room a little, i feel like it needed a little make-over... My friend and i made these cute hanging things that we copied from another friend, who copied them from pottery barn... you make the picture bigger... I love mine, but lately i am way into shelves and picture stacking, so i decided to take down the cute picture hanging thing(i don't even know what to call it, but it is cute) after getting it down.. i decided to ummm... paint!!!




And well the product... Lime green... it was way brighter and lime-y on the walls then i expected... and i thought Rhett was going to flip when he saw the color... and i was a little worried at first but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!



It is so fun and different and so not WHITE... especially since all our furniture is white... Seriously what was i thinking, a white sofa?? I definitely was not thinking about anything except i wanted micro-fiber and at the time this is the only color i could find!! And do you like my sofa, i have several friends that have the same one, in different colors too!! I am a little jealous... i really wanted a sage green one... but then again if my sofa was green i could have never painted my wall lime green!!! So this is the Frei's way of going green... oh and i do also take my own bags to the grocery store now, so i am trying to do my part.... and really go green....




****By the way... 6:30 now and still no word from the hubby, that means he has been working 13 hours!! So sad!!!****


21 comments:

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

Surgery is rough. Sean is in Michigan right now. He goes in at 4:45 am and works a 14 hour day...or longer. YUCK!!! So happy your getting your hubby back.
Cute room too!

Holly and Daric said...

Love the green wall!

hilary said...

love love love your new green wall and shelves!! thanks again for letting me borrow your stuff for our activity, it turned out wonderful! and i'm so happy this is his last day of surgery!! i just talked to jeff tonight and he worked a 12 hour day today... our poor, tired husbands. at least rhett gets to do a different rotation now and you will hopefully get to see him more often!

oh and i am going to walmart to get those cupboard shelves! i hate the huge cupboards, too. i'm almost embarassed after looking at your nicely organized ones!

Christin said...

I love the green! So cute, green is so hot right now. I saw this green phone and almost convinced myself that I needed it. Sorry about the surgery thing. Yuck. I wish I lived closer.

Kade and Kaylee said...

I love the wall!! I want to paint mine now too! Kade said Rhett is gonna play on their city league team so now we can go watch their games together!! I'm glad Rhett has time to play now!

Jess said...

Oh Honey, I am sorry that Rhett is working so hard, But maybe it's preparing him for residency....Matthew leaves the house at 4:00 am and is lucky to get home by 7:30 0r 8:00 PM. And 7 nights out of the months he sleeps at the hospital for an on call shift. That means that he works all day, sleeps at the hospital and works all night, wakes up works another day at the hospital and comes home at 7:30 or 8:00 at night. It really sucks..but we are getting used to it. Thank goodness we are good supportive wives...right?


PS Love the green walls!

Travis and Britni said...

I love the color of the wall. I think it turned out great. So cute. Poor Rhett. I'm so glad for both of you that he's done today. Hopefully life will get back to normal now.

Redd family said...

Love the green! You are a fabulous decorator, I would expect nothing less. Yay for surgery being done....I hated that month. Even if Matt did get home by 6, something about him leaving before me and the kids were up was really lonely. I still remember hearing Morgan's car at 4:30 a.m. since they carpooled. Yuck!

Alaina said...

Super cute wall! I wish I had that talent!

It's funny, Jason's surgery rotation was the easiest so far, but he was with an older doc who is almost retired and has a GREAT schedule. I told him I wouldn't mind if he goes into surgery, maybe I better rethink that. But, if Rhett does another surgery rotation, try to get Dr. Lopez, he's awesome--but way out in Mesa.

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

I love your wall! Good luck on the last bit of Surgery - 18 hour days get SO old - you're almost there!

The Ericksons said...

hang in there sara! at least you ae so talented adn crafty and do such cute things while he is gone!

Criscell said...

Kristy Hamar told you you painted your walls and I was SO hoping you posted a picture! I LOVE it! You are one brave girl and it looks fabulous! I would love to see it in person. It makes me want to paint mine too!

Your shelves look so organized. Want to come over and do mine now? I'm so sorry Rhett is gone so much but glad that it's over.

The Hansens said...

SO SO cute! I love the paint and the new shelves, pic frames, etc! It is the perfect green! And i know what you mean about organizing..i have the same syndrome! your kitchen cupboards look nice too. I'm jealous of all the room you have for food! We just have a small little cupboard so be grateful for the HUGE cupboards to stack shelves in! Way to go green!

XO said...

You are so so brave - I love the color, it's just stunning.

The Frei's said...

I SERIOUSLY LOVE IT!! That is so cute! I love the make over, going green. I'm sorry Rhett is gone. That would be so hard. Hang in there!

Morgan said...

Your living room looks GREAT!!! I wish I was that brave...I WANT to be that brave. You are inspiring me to branch out right now as I choose some new colors around my house.

Julia said...

The green wall is amazing! I love it! Thanks for doing my hair, it looks great!

Brigg and Dianne said...

I think the green wall looks great! Must be something in the air, because I was busy all this week organizing all the closets and cupboards in my house, too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kiley said...

sara i love it!

Evan and Amber said...

1. Love the green wall. My favorite color. I wish I was brave enough to do that.
2. YOUR CUPBOARD IS HUGE
3. Evan has been thinking about surgery lately...maybe I should rethink that for him!