Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Projects...Projects...and more Projects

I have had SO, SO many projects i have wanted to get done before these babies come and i have just conquered them all... First off was the bumpers for the cribs... I originally thought that they were going to be really hard, but they weren't as bad as I thought... Until Rhett's mom kept reminding me to DOUBLE everything, because we have two babies and two cribs. Sometimes i forget, and so that made the task a LOT harder!!
I really wanted to use the fabric for the ties, because it was just so dang cute.... but if i were to do it again, i would just use ribbon and save myself like 6 or 7 hours!! Rhett's mom was nice enough to come to Phoenix and help me finish all the ties... Here is my ironing board, we had to iron all four edges of each 1.5 inch tie and then sew around the edges. Holy cow, and guess how many we had?? 48 yep that is right 48....
This picture doesn't do the pile justice, it was pretty high!!!
Here are the girlie's(no we don't have names) quilts. Rhett's mom worked hard to get these done for us. They turned out beautiful and i kept 2nd guessing my fabric choices but i love all the colors that i chose even more once i saw them together!! Thanks Patty!!
You can also see my little crib skirt on the bottom. I just finished these the other day, and i am quite proud because i didnt have a pattern or the internet to look up HOW to make them... so i just made it up myself, and well it turned out exactly how i wanted! I am not going to lie, i am quite proud of myself!!

Here are the finished crib bumpers for Baby A. The bumpers on the long sides of the cribs are the same for both cribs. But for the short side i used pink for this crib...


And baby B has green bumpers on the ends. Each quilt also has the same fabric as each of the end bumpers. One is green and white and one is pink and green on the back.
I also LOVE the piping at the top!! I really wanted piping, but we couldn't find the right size or color. So, Rhetts mom ended up teaching me how to make my own piping and love the extra pop it gives it! Sadly again i kept making it more complicated, poor Rhett's mom, but i had a vision... so i created a little more work for us but i love them!!
Rhett and I love minky blankets!! They are so soft and very cool in the summer. So i just wanted the girls to have a soft, cool, minky blanket. The others i made are quilted, large, and have badding so they will be mostly winter blankets and ill probably use them when they get older more. These are light and fluffy. I love that the fabric is the same pattern, just different colors. And the hubby was happy to finally see very little pink!!



A LONG, LONG time ago i came across this memory game that someone made on their blog. They used pictures of their family, but i thought why not make a Book of Mormon memory game. So, i have had the supplies FORever, so i finally finished it. I am quite happy with how it turned out!!




My mom came a couple weeks ago and helped me finish the nursery(pics to come) and we decided to refinish this lamp that i had. We saw a lamp at T.J. Maxx for $60 with the same idea and thought we can make that...




So we used left over flowers from the baby quilts and made it. I think it turned out pretty good. My mom LOVES it, but maybe i am too critical of myself. Either way it is cute and i love that we incorporated the fabric into the lamp.



I knew eventually i would need a hair bow holder... in fact this hair bow holder is already full, i just took a pic before i put all their bows and flowers on there!! I found this cute, cute cork board frame at Hob Lob for 50% off, of course!! I love it, and i know i can reuse it even 10 years from now. So, that makes me love it even more. So i covered it in fabric and ribbon and Viola!


I love it!! Now if i can just figure out how to organize these hair bands??? Any suggestions??




1 comments:

Criscell said...

I love, love, love all your cute crafts, Sara! Everything looks AWESOME!! I can't wait to see pics of your whole nursery.