Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our Little Visitor...

So Saturday morning, Rhett called me at work to inform me that we had a visitor!! In case you can't tell that is a SCORPION!! IN my apartment!! AAAHHHH!!! I am freaking out still!! Luckily Rhett killed the little man... and now i have officially picked up all of our shoes off the floor and removed my bed skirt, i now ALWAYS where shoes in the house, and turn on the light everywhere i go, i dump my shoes out before i put them on, i shake out my blankets before i use them.... umm, ya i have completely changed my lifestyle because of this little guy- i am so paranoid!!! Here is some pictures that my husband- (knowing i would want pictures!) took before he decided to wake our visitor up.


Rhett looks pretty dang proud of his accomplishment.. little did you know when he was a little boy he got bit by a scorpion and he was a little nervous this time around. He tried to get me to come home from work to help him- but naturally i said no way!! So he called our friend Ryan to come help kill this wonderful little visitor!!! His wife Carlie, being the great friend she is, of course took pictures!! She said it was a sight to see- both boys were pretty nervous!!

12 comments:

Our Family said...

Yuck Sara. I was pretending there weren't any of those here. I glad you got it.

Criscell said...

Oh my gosh!! I am grossed out! I hope I NEVER see one of those, but now I am worried that I will after all...Guess I better take off my bedskirt too...

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

How crazy! We've heard scorpion stories since being in AZ but have been fortunate enough not to have any encounters.

Ence's said...

I would checking my shoes and turning on the lights as well. I am a little nervous to move back to the desert, we have had it pretty nice. I just hope I don't ever find a snake in my house. :)

XO said...

Good for you guys! One less to worry about. I hate them, they are so creepy and nasty.

hilary said...

aah!! i'm so sorry! i'm already paranoid enough and we haven't even found any! ...and cute pics from your spring break:)

Mands Glenn said...

FREAK OUT! SERIOUSLY, you make me want to check everyting right now. Ugh scary!

Spencer said...

Holy Freak guys - that is SO SCARY! That is such a fear of mine down here. Have you guys gotten your apt sprayed since you've moved down? I try to do it every month or so. How big was it? SO SCARY, glad no one got stung.

Spencer said...

If you're wondering that last post was from katie taggart- I guess I am just signed in under Spence.

Charise said...

It is not fun having critters in your house huh! Man they add too much stress! I'm so glad he killed him!

McDuffie Family said...

k- I think that i love that you called it "little guy" So funny, and yet, I wouldn't want that visitor either! I found a male equivalent to a black widow right out on our porch and I've been paranoid ever since! My husband also found a triantula over last summer on our porch......makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to let my gals go play outside!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Yikes! Ours was white. That one does not look pretty either!