Sunday, March 16, 2008


So the other nite, we did something we never do... we went on a real, get out of the house, change out of our sweats, and get away from the tv or books, and went on a real date!!

Well kind of... some friends invited us to go eat pizza and go miniature golfing(which takes me back to me and Rhett dating in SG- good ole' fiesta fun was a real date treat!). We went to this really cool, i kept calling it miniature Disneyland,(but that is exaggerating) it did have a roller coaster and four 18 hole golf courses, yes four, and lots of arcades and pizza and bumper boats and a merry go round, and all it was missing was the Matterhorn!!! And with my luck whenever i go to Disneyland the Matterhorn is always out of service- so maybe it really was like Disneyland, without the price tag, of course!!


This place is really called Castles and Coasters and it is right off I-17... it is in kind of a ghetto area- right next to Metro-Center, okay lets say real ghetto area!! But, it was so much fun and the boys were getting pretty into it!! It was so great to get out of the house and enjoy the nice phoenix weather!!!

9 comments:

Our Family said...

How fun! Get a lot of dates in before the kids come because it's not as easy anymore.

Becky said...

isn't it so nice to actually get ready and go somewhere? looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

hilary said...

takes me back to our dating days as well! and it was pretty ghetto! but it just makes the memory that much better, right? we had so much fun with you guys. we'll have to go again! ...and you seriously should've come to disneyland with me! matterhorn was up and running like a beauty :)

Criscell said...

Luck you guys! I've wanted to check that place out sometime, but Caleb's always too cheap!

Kiley said...

Fun, I want to go on a fun date! I miss you. OH and we are still living in Vegas so when you drive through give us a call!

XO said...

hooray for dates! it's so funny how sometimes it takes a group to actually get you out of the house and doing something interactive. We always just go to the movies - if we get out at all...

McDuffie Family said...

Oh, I love group dates! It sound like you guys went some where fun and had fun in the process! We need more stuff like that here in St. George!

Criscell said...

Hey Sara! How are you? I just wanted to say hi. I didn't get to talk to you at church today, but I wanted to tell you how cute you looked--so "springy"! We missed you guys at the pageant...maybe next year. Hope Rhett got some good studying done.

Criscell said...

Thank you SO much for the yummy treats for my B-day Sara! They were so good--Caleb practically ate them all up before I could get any! What a lucky girl I am to have such great friends!