Thursday, December 18, 2008

Gingerbread...

So.................my mother, last weekend, gave us this wonderful gingerbread house kit!! It was so cute... sadly though my brother's dog got to it before we could and so the roof was broken, and most of the candy canes... i thought maybe i could salvage the roof-- but negative on that one- But i LOVE gingerbread houses... so i was so excited, and i decorated the rest of it anyway!! Pretty cute-- it was so fun, i love this time of year-- so many activities to occupy my time!!!
Looks yummy, Rhett even tried to eat the broken gingerbread roof, I said "I dont think you are suppose to actually EAT that??" He said "Why not?? Oh it tastes like cardboard." Then he picked up a second piece and ate that too!! Are you suppose to eat the gingerbread in the kits?? What if the store put out the leftover ones from last year??? Yuck.... oh and Merry Christmas!!!

8 comments:

Andrea F. said...

I love your gingerbread house...looks awesome! doug and I decorated one and once we were finished decided to just say our boys did it because it really sucked...lol

XO said...

I'm with you - I don't think you should eat them. Growing up, we made "chocolate houses" out of chocolate molds...now THOSE I eat!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Very cute, even without a roof! Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Criscell said...

Such a cute house, Sara! Sorry we missed the party last Sat. We were really looking forward to it. Have fun in Brazil!! I'm jealous! Oh, and I have a thank you note for you for that darling little onesie and the baby shampoo!

Becky Hill said...

i love making gingerbread houses too. hey, i am making my blog private in a few days so i need your e-mail address if you would like to continue reading our blog. Hope you guys have a merry christmas and tell rhett hi for darrin.

Jenn said...

Gingerbread houses are so much fun, but I know that if we made one this year, Breckan would have no self control and try to eat it all. Maybe next year! Hope you guys have great Christmas!! :)

McDuffie Family said...

Love the gingerbread house! I never really thought about them putting out last years stock......not that I plan on eating ours......we are planning on doing it with our girls either tonight or tomorrow! merry christmas!

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

Impressive detail on your house! Hope you guys had a good Christmas!