Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wickenburg!!!

So last weekend, Rhett and I headed up to Wickenburg to see my little brother race his last ATV race for the season... We also got to spend a little time with my parents-- in between the race that is!! It was a very long race track---- so Rhett and I hiked through the mountains, so we could watch my brother from all angles- There were so many cactus' out there and they were so HUGE!!! We stood next to a few so that you can really tell how tall and crazy they are... Rhett is about 5'10" and i am 5'4".. if that helps your imagination a little....

Rhett looks so tiny up there!!! This picture is of Rhett and my Dad just before the race--- They were the "pit crew." The races are crazy they "pit"(ex. change his goggles, fill up his gas, give him water, etc.) my brother in about 30-45 seconds!! It is so crazy to watch, my dad has like five or six people helping him do everything when my brother pulls in... i should have taken a picture--- but we were both too busy helping. It was so great to see my family and spend some time with them-- and it was also a good break from the studies for Rhett.




8 comments:

The Frei's said...

WOW!!! Those cactus's are huge! I didn't know they could get that big! I know it would be so much fun if you guys were still in cedar! Maybe in a few years we will live closer :)

Becky said...

what a fun escape from studying. smart to do before they get swamped with all their tests. sad we didn't have a christmas party this year. we'll have to have a new year's party at some point in january when everyone gets back.

Travis and Britni said...

How fun. I had no idea your brother did that. That would've been exciting to watch. Those cactus were huge. I'm glad you took pictures.

Brenbren said...

That cactus is large and in charge! That is cool you got to help your dad and brother!

Kade and Kaylee said...

Those races sound super intense! Way fun scenery for the race track! Love the pics of the cactus' too!!

Becky Hill said...

holly crap that is a big cactus! Is that in arizona? looks like fun, if you are in town for christmas give us a shout it would be fun to hang out.

Criscell said...

Holy Cow! Those catus' ARE big! And I thought we had some big ones around here. What a fun time with your family! That's great that you got to see them. It was fun to talk to you last night. I guess I'll see you on Sat.

P.S. I love your new blog design. Where did you get it?

Dave and Natasha said...

Those cactus are amazing! We were watching a show on those a little while ago and these people would sell those for like $100 per foot, also counting each foot on the arms too! They said ones really huge like that were like 180 years old! Crazy huh!?