Friday, April 25, 2008

Catch-up....

Okay.. so i havent had much to blog about lately... i think i really need to jump on the "kid" bandwagon and then i can post cute pictures of my kids... as for me and rhett well it is just always school and work!!!! It seems like we have been really busy, with who knows what??? I really couldnt tell you, but we have been busy, i have been working like 6 days a week, had some good ole' cub scout stuff a lot lately it seems like, and rhett has had so many tests and he has been chosen to be a site coordinator for one of the clubs down here it is called UMOM. I cant ever remember exactly what that stands for, its like United Methodist Outreach Ministry (rhett just informed me). Anyway he has to go down to south phoenix(SCARY!!) twice a month and also organize volunteers to go with him... i am hoping to go and take pictures of this place after school gets out... Rhett says it is pretty Ghetto- i dont know if i really want to see it, it will make me nervous to know he is going there til 9-at night! Well, here is a quick update.. I having been searching and searching for something to wear to Rhett's sisters wedding, and i finally found it... at Victoria Secret online...who would have thought, after all those hours at the mall!!! I think it is cute, I was also excited because my new favorite website Brad's Deal's had coupons for good old VS!!! So how exciting.... glad that is done, since the wedding is in less than a month!!! I also have been trying to find a guest book for here and i finally found one of those at a bridal shop here... but i am not sold on it, if anyone has any other ideas... although it is pretty cute.. ill post pictures later....Here is the dress.... here colors are mango, green and purple, from all this shopping i know mentally noted that there are about 10 shades of mango! Mango w/pink, mango w/red, mango w/orange, etc.... this below is just mango to me... so hopefully it fits!! Oh, one more item of business, my house is starting to look like finals again...
I am not going to blame all this on Rhett though, we are moving to a different apartment next week, and i have been lazy also. I have been cleaning out, and organizing, and packing a little, and i figure why put it away to just get it back out??? So my house is quite on the messy side, which i am really a clean person as most of you know, kind of a fanatic about it... To be honest, i am feeling a little antsy with all this stuff out and about, i feel like i cant get anything done til i move. Because i dont want to make a bigger mess, or make another mess and then feel like i have to clean it out, or not pick it back up because we are moving.. Am i weird... hmm.. don't answer that! But this little weirdness explains my unfinished craft below...
Sometimes when i get bored, i wander around the Home Depot, by my house to see what i can find... i am actually starting to LOVE the home dep-o. Anyway i had seen this cute idea at a scrapbook store with canvas blocks, and i was at home depot and they had these wood blocks already cut... so i painted them and put these little hanger things on them, and tied them together with ribbon. It is pretty cute so far, but i dont know how to finish it... should i put the word LOVE or FREI, but i have a lot of things that say Frei, so i dont feel good about that, i also bought to more blocks and thought i would put FAMILY, with some pictures of us... but i think that is too long.... Any ideas????

I also drove to mesa last week for Creating Keepsakes scrapbook convention.. they have this one booth that is my favorite everything is $1- or $1.50!! All these items below were at this booth!! And if you scrapbook, you know this is a good deal! Chipboard for a dollar!!! They also gave out these pizza boxes, and for $20- you could fill the box with as much 12x12 paper as you want, and well i fit about 120 papers or so in my box. And it was cute card stock too, it wasnt the cheap stuff!! I was so excited!! And so now i am all geared up to finishing my wedding scrapbook!! I cant wait.. i just havent been able to use my fun stuff, because once again, why make a mess just to pack it up next week???

10 comments:

Amber said...

How cute is that craft your making! I think you should put love on it. It is so darling! Anyways- thanks for comment, Im excited to keep in touch. Talk toyou later!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

cute crafts. i think i like "family".

Sandy said...

Hey I'm so glad you found my blog! Its so nice to catch up with old friends from the high school days :) It looks like you are staying pretty busy too...talk to you soon!
Sandy

Melenie said...

Love the dress, I dont think I would've thought about Victoria's Secret.

kalie said...

Hey Sara, I just realized that we didn't get a chance to talk about the convention. Looks like we hit the same book--I loved the chipboard letters and flowers especially! Good taste. Did you take any classes? We took two and they were both really fun. I love the blocks; what about "HOME," which is close to family, but a little shorter? Whatever you choose, I kow it will be adorable. :)

Andrea F. said...

geez...if only i was creative...i would have never thought about goin to home depot for crafts...good idea!! by the way i love the color of the dress..it reminds me of the colors i used for my wedding.

Criscell said...

You are too cute, Sara! You need to teach a craft class! I love the block idea. I should have gone with you to the scrapbook convention! Looks like you got a ton of nice stuff for cheap--I'm jealous! Cute dress!

Becky said...

i love the idea with the blocks. maybe you could put one word on each block that would make up a short phrase. i don't really. i am not a good person to ask when it somes to creativity. i am glad i am not the only one feeling chlosterphobic from all the papers and packets and who knows what else that piles up on out kitchen table, coffee table and wherever else he can find a place to put it. only 18 more days, i counted and made a paper chain to count down with today in fact. hooray!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were so into scrap booking. It would be fun to have a ladies night where we could meet and scrapbook (maybe once a month)I'd love to learn from your creative brain!

jennai said...

How cute is that craft your making.I think you should put love on it.