Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Disneyland.........

Well, for Labor Day we decided to take one last vacation, before Rhett had to go back to school! Destination: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure We went with Rhetts sister and her husband and his brother Burke!! It was so fun!! Here is the boys getting ready to get dizzy on the tea cups!! Bevin and I were still dizzy from the Grizzly River Run- so we decided to pass....
Below-- is Burke and Bevin on the Toy Story Ride!! We loved this ride!! It had these big screens and you had these little shooters and you would shoot at the items on the screen- and then it would calculate your points!! It was like a life size, interactive arcade game!! Too bad Rhett killed me, but it was so fun, we even went twice!!
This is just before Pirates!! My favorite ride!!
It was hardly busy at all--- we just walked right on to quite a few of the rides, it was great!
California here we come... The whole time we were there we kept singing the theme to the O.C. Burke kept joking that we going to go find Ryan's house... and we really wanted to go to the cemetary and see Marissa... but instead we just went to the Newport temple(pic below).
California Screamin'!! Yes, i was too chicken to go-- i DO NOT like roller coasters!!
Here is the Newport temple. It was beautiful!! It was a pinkish color and it almost looked like a spanish mission-- if you know what that is(they have these missions along the coast of California, think the picture on Mission Viejo tortillas). It was very pretty and i like how they included the culture of California.
Of course we had to hit the beach at newport and then we drove all the way to Santa Monica and watched the street performers.

Check out this guy!! He is painted silver from head to toe... His whole face was silver, even his eyelids-- quite entertaining!!


11 comments:

XO said...

Nice! I haven't been in forever and I forgot how much fun it can be. I think a roller coaster would probably kill me right now - maybe I'll try to plan a trip after this one pops out...

Our Family said...

That street performer is a regular. That's so funny. When we lived in LA we used to go to the farmers market on 3rd street every Saturday and that sliver guy was always there. Funny! What A fun vacation. Goodluck with the
2nd year!

Morgan said...

How fun! I love that area!

That temple does looks like a spanish mission. My favorite one in CA is Mission San Juan Capistrano.

I miss it! :(

I can't believe you walked onto rides at Disneyland over Labor Day weekend! Lucky!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Hi, it's me (the recipe girl)! Looks like you guys have had a really great summer! I love Disneyland probably more now than I did as a kid because it is so much fun to watch my kids get excited.
I made my blog private, so send your e-mail to diannemowens at gmail dot com for an invite!

Carlos said...

How fun! Man you guys have just played and played and played this summer. I bet it's been a nice break for Rhett.

Criscell said...

How fun! We saw a silver guy like that on our honeymoon in San Francisco. Totally crazy!

I hear Becky's going to be coming home from CA this week. We need to get together if she feels up to it. What do you think? Maybe go to dinner or do games or something?

Drew and Michele said...

I am totally jealous!! How fun that you all got to do that! Looks like you all had a great time

The Hansens said...

How Fun!! Bev told me you guys were going. It looks like you had a great time. You have such a cut blog. Maybe this way we can keep each other updated!

Jenn said...

I'm so jealous, I want to take Breckan to Disneyland so bad, I know he'd love it, what kid doesn't! That silver guy is so funny to watch! We saw one in Santa Monica and a gold one in Chicago-- hilarious!

Kade and Kaylee said...

C'mon Sara you little wimp not riding the roller coasters! ha ha :) So now that everyone is back from their trips and school has started again, it's time for some girl's nights! Did you watch the season premiere of One Tree Hill yet? I have it recorded on my DVR if ya missed it!

The Ericksons said...

Im so glad you guys had a fun trip. you always do such awesome, detailed and informative posts!!