Monday, August 25, 2008

Random Night of Cleaning....

No... this is not another one of those crock pot blogs.. so don't worry... you CAN keep reading!!
However--- this is my crockpot-- and I say mine because although i do share it with rhett(on occasion) this is one item that was not a wedding gift. It was a gift from my mother before i moved to college. I know not very exciting when you are moving off on your own-- but i love my crockpot!! Probably love it more now, then in college, but...on with my story.
I took this crock pot with me to college, which turns out when i got there, Wendy's cooked a lot faster then the crockpot and therefore this item rarely got used, but i kept it anyway.
When i lived in provo i had this great roommate and she had a great fiance, who had a great best friend, who had a crush on my cousin. So both the boys were ALWAYS at our apartment. Well one day, we went to a party at these boys apt., we will call them the Burley boys, because that is what i called them in college. Well, while we were at the party we noticed that the Burley boys had a crockpot that looked just mine!! I mean EXACTLY like mine!! I thought that is weird, and so did the roomies. So, a few days later at home-- yes you guessed it... my crockpot was gone!!! Just a reminder for those that have never lived in Happy Valley(Provo), most collegees do NOT lock their apartments. We leave everything unlocked, (seriously who is gonna steal a DI sofa and top roman??), so therefore the Burley boys came in and out of our apt. like they lived there and well, to be honest we could care less.
So when the crockpot was missing, my roommate swore that she remembered JP, (not the fiance, the fiance's great best friend) taking my crockpot over to his place a few months earlier and then she figured he just never returned it and so my cute blue crockpot was still sitting in the Burley boys apt!!! So us girls of Apt. 51 went over(while they were at school of course!) and broke in (well the door was unlocked) and stole my crock pot back!!
So, if you look closely on the right there are the intials JP. He even had the nerve to write his intitials on it!! It wasn't even his!!!
So tonight, Rhett is gone and i am cleaning, which is what i do when i am bored(pathetic, i know). And i am washing this beloved, thoughtful gift that my mother gave me years ago. And i am thinking, what if this is really JP's crockpot?? This thought crosses my mine everytime i use this stupid thing!! I really still to this day don't know if he really stole it, or if i just lost it?? But i ended up with it and he never stole it back... so i guess i will just keep it..... but why cant i just forget about it already and accept that this is MY crockpot??? Why do i think of this story EVERYtime i pull this thing out???

In other news... rhett and I are loving this no-school/i only work 30 hrs a week thing... And so we drove all the way down town, in rush hour, just to eat at Matt's Big Breakfast!! Yum!! It is this famous breakfast place(so we were told) in ghetto downtown phoenix and it is about the size of my apartment, actually i dont even think it was that big, but ill give Matt the credit anyway-- It was delicious!! Very worth the drive!! I can't wait for my dad to come visit and try their pancakes!! He loves going out to eat at home-cookin' breakfast places!! This place is so yummy!!
And yes that is the restaurant and all the restaurant... it is no wider and no longer than what you can see-it is tiny- in fact we almost drove right past it on our way there!!

10 comments:

Our Family said...

The little breakfast place downtown looks and sounds so yummy! Wes and I love mom and pap places. We may just have to get the directions.

Morgan said...

That crock pot story is funny and that breakfast place sounds awesome!

XO said...

lol on the "mom and pap" places comment. Now you've got me very, very hungry for pancakes. I know I'll end up with a bowl of cereal, but oooh, do pancakes sound good.

I say never, never doubt that YOU are right and THEY are wrong (it applies to SO much more than just a runaway crock pot) It's a funny story - and I think your cute little crock pot is definitely worth it.

kalie said...

I want to visit that breakfast place! You and Rhett always do the most fun things together. And I can commiserate on the crockpot thing. There were several times I was sure my roommate had stolen something that was mine--and then I found it! Nothing like the niggling guilt.

Jenn said...

I'd for sure drive an hour in rush hour traffic for good pancakes! I'm glad you got your crockpot back, I know I'd go to great lengths to get mine back too, I love that thing!!

Melenie said...

This makes me miss college life! I loved doing stuff like that to the guys that lived next to me.

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

Sara,
I was wondering if it wouldn't be to much trouble if Tyler and I could sleep at your house Tuesday night? Will you guys be home? Let me know.
Thanks a ton!
Kristen

Criscell said...

Funny story, you little crock pot thief, you! And the breakfast place sounds delicious! So sad that school started today, huh...

The Ericksons said...

sara i loved the story!!!! and wasn't that restaraunt on food network show diners drive-ins and dives? anyways i also wanted you to know we started a blog.Thanks!

Andrea F. said...

can i just say i love my crock pot and i would be a little protective of mine too if it went missing!!