Tuesday, July 8, 2008

San Diego...........

For the 4th of July, Rhett and I headed to San Diego with some friends from Utah. Our first stop when we got there was to see the temple!! It was closed, the grounds and everything were closed so this is as close as we could get, so beautiful!! This is Rhett and his friend Jon, they spent most of their time surfing and skim boarding, they had so much fun! And boy were they worn out at the end of the day!! The weather was so nice, it was like 75 degrees the whole trip! It was wonderful, the beach was packed and the water freezing, but we had so much fun just being part of the masses of people on the beach!!!
Of course, Alexis and I just enjoyed the sun, until the boys talked us into coming into the water.. which again, was FREEEEZING!!!!
Here is us!!
While the boys, surfed and played sand volleyball, Alexis and I went to this very ghetto swap meet. I LOVE swap meets, Rhett always thinks i am crazy, but California has the greatest swap meets. But they are ghetto(notice the cop car to the left). But Alexis and i came and we conquered!! We wanted to find some authentic coach purses and we did, we also found some brand new awesome Hurley shirts for the boys- 5 for $20... you cant get better than that!!
We both fell in love with the same purse!! So cute... i don't really want to know where they get these purses, because it is a little shady-- you walk up to this table and they will have a couple of fakees out and then when you show interest they bust out the real things from there car or behind a tarp in the back... and they only pull out a couple at a time and they are way discreet about it... pretty sure it is just a little shady--- thus the reason for the cop car i am sure!! But that is okay- they obviously got them from somewhere and i am way excited to have a REAL coach purse for a fraction of the price!!

16 comments:

Kade and Kaylee said...

I'm so jealous of your purse! It's super cute! Cali looked like it was a blast! I bet it was nice to leave this heat for a while!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

i am so jealous of the quick trip you took. i have never been to a swap meet. you might have to show me the ropes if there are any down here in az.

Charise said...

Cute purse! I was in San Diego for the 4th too! What beach were you at? It was insane, but fun! I need to get my pics up!

kalie said...

Your trip looks so fun, and next time I want to come to the swap meet with you! Looks like you really know how to work it! I'm glad you ugys are having fun.

Whitney and Chris said...

How fun! I've never been to a swap meet. I'll have to find one someday. I love good deals!

Criscell said...

Wow! A real Coach purse! I'm so jealous. I have never been to a swap meet either. Do they have any around here? The temple looks gorgeous! Too bad you couldn't go inside.

Christin said...

Every time I go shopping with anyone else I think of you and wish you were my shopping partner! I am so jealous of your cute purse! I miss you

Sean, Siri, Addie and Connor said...

It looks like you have had a fun time in San Diego!

Josh, Abbie, Tienna and Kiara said...

What a fun trip! Great finds at the swap meet!

Criscell said...

Hey Sara,
Happy Birthday today! I'm glad you got my phone message. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Hope your day was great! Now you can join the ranks with all of us "quarter of a century" people!

Melissa Rees said...

Am I the only dummy who paid full price for my Coach purse? I am so jealous! I haven't even had mine for a year and it's already getting worn out. Sounds like you had a blast on your trip!

Kiley said...

What a fun trip! You are so cute! I love the purse!!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Hi Sara! I made my blog private, so for an invite, just e-mail me at moviegirl19 at hotmail dot com. I also have a new, easy (and really yummy) recipe if you're still looking for more. Glad you're having a fun summer!

By the way, it must be a small world, because your friend Carlie went to high school with my little sister, Trish. Crazy!

Carlos said...

Hey Sarah! Just thought I'd say hi. I was just reading your blog, it looks like you guys had fun! You're a way cute couple and he seems to fit you perfectly!

McDuffie Family said...

How fun! I wanna go to San Diego! the swap meets sound so cool, scary, but cool!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

Looks like fun! Gorgeous temple picture!