Monday, August 11, 2008

Lake Havasu...

So Rhett and i left last Sunday to go to lake havasu for a few days, not necessarily for play but Rhett was doing some job shadowing. We did take one evening away form work and saw the sights! We also ate at lots of local restaurants, which i love local restaurants!!
This is the London bridge.. yes that is not a mistake the London bridge is in lake havasu city, Arizona. We use to always drive by here as a kid when we would go to the river, some man bought it from London and it shipped all the way to Arizona. Here is a view of the lake, this is the way our hotel room faced.
Here is a ferry boat, they give people rides on this boat down the lake. Well, i am not sure if they still do, but when i was little this place was jumpin', it is a little run down now.

Here is the bridge....
I just loved this old telephone booth!! It was behind a fence next to a condemned building, but i saw it through the cracks and the fence just happened to be unlocked......... so Rhett and I snuck in and took a quick pic!
I am not sure exactly what this is but it has something to do with London-- just a little proof-- in case you still don't believe the London bridge is in Arizona! When they took the bridge apart in London to move it they put numbers on each piece that way when we they moved it they could piece it back together. You can still see the numbers on it a little bit- but i forgot to take a picture of them!! I am guessing this is where, the song London bridges falling down came from!!


5 comments:

Kade and Kaylee said...

Hey you are back now!! Yeah! So the picture of you by the red telephone booth made me miss being in London so bad!! Those booths are on every corner in London! I remember riding that tour boat when I was little too at Havasu! It does look a bit old now!

Criscell said...

SO fun! I love the picture of the phone booth too. It makes me want to go there!

Jenn said...

Hey Sara! I love your blog! Your postings are so cute! I finally got ours started! jennandbryschiller@blogspot is our address. I'm excited to be able to stay in touch with you guys! Hope to hear from you soon!

kalie said...

I'm so glad you had so many fun vacations! Trust me. You'll need it this year! :( See you at church!

Jenn said...

Hey! You asked about how our fam pics were done, and it was actually our photographer who did that picture that way. Wish I could say I was that creative! She does an awesome job! :)