Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lake Powell!!!!

To continue on our summer saga... we left on Wednesday to go to Lake Powell. We went with about three other couples that we know from Utah. It was so fun!! They invited us to stay on their houseboat, which i was grateful, because i am not a BIG camper. We were able to eat some delicious food, play some video games, and enjoy the sun and the very nice water!! I know i have posted a lot lately, so this post is mostly pictures, also because Lake Powell is pretty self explanatory!! Rhett and i both grew up going to Lake Powell, so we love any chance we can get to go back!!

So here is the Rhettser enjoying his ever so favorite water sport--Wakeboarding!


A little wake-surfing..

i love this picture.. he looks so excited!! It was a well deserved break for Rhett. He worked really hard his first year of school and then he immediately jumped into a full time job!! It was so nice for him to just relax for the first time in over a year!

A little tube jumping... Rhett and his friend Bryan blew up this huge tramp with only a foot pump!! Then sadly it popped a few hours later... But the boys sure had fun going down the slide and trying to land on the tramp.


Hmmm... looks like you missed hun...


Here is us being posers......


Here is the majority of the gang, just hanging out after a long day in the sun! The boys would film all the wakeboarding and wake surfing and then run back to the house boat to watch themselves in action! It was pretty fun to see them rewind it and move the wipeouts to slow motion!! Peoples faces were SO funny!
Here are few more things we did.... played a little wii... or (let's not lie) A LOT of wii...



We did a little paddle-boating, which was really fun!!





We also ended up spending quite a bit of time trying to get not



One... Not two...



Not three..



But FOUR, surfer boys behind the boat!! It was not the easiest task but the boys did it!! They were pretty excited, then we got lectured by the Lake Powell PD, or whatever those security boat regulator people are... they said that you cant surf behind boats anymore? The boys were pretty upset. So they just found a cove and continued on! We had so much!! It was nice to just relax and play in the sun!!



12 comments:

Criscell said...

SO fun Sara! Looks like you guys had a BLAST! How sad is it that I've still never been there!? I loved the picture of all four guys behind the boat--and the one of Rhett falling of the inflatable tramp!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

FOUR boys surfing behind the boat, how awesome is that?

Mal and Kade said...

I agree, it was a blast! I'm trying to get the camera here at work so I can get up my post about Powell. We had such a great time with you guys and it was fun to get to know you a little bit better. Hope to see you soon!

Tyler and Kristen Owens said...

It was so good to see you at Kyles reception! You look so great!! It looks like you two have had so much fun this summer. Lake Powell is one of my favorite places too!! I wanted to tell you that Tyler got an interview at Midwestern on Sept 3. If I come down with him I'll let you know and hopefully we could get together.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

i LOVE lake powell. sadly i have not been in there in like 7 years! we used to go every year.

why am i not suprised about the wii playing???

Kade and Kaylee said...

Oh I'm so jealous of your Powell trip! Sadly I haven't been able to go wakeboarding at all this summer! Where are some pics of you rippin it up out on the wakeboard!?

bryce and paige said...

That's awesome that they really got four going at a time, looks like you've had a great summer! I was looking at your older posts and Alexis is in the English program with me at Dixie! She is so darling, I love her! How fun that you are friends, small world.

Carlos said...

It looks like you guys had a blast! How fun! Loved the pics.

XO said...

Wow! How fun is that! Good for you taking a break and having some fun! You two deserve it!

Whitney and Chris said...

How fun! I love Lake Powell! I haven't been there in ages, but still love it! Some of my best memories from ol' HS are from Lake Powell.

Christin said...

Where did you find that cute swim suit? And when are we going shopping together again?

Jocee said...

Malorie is my cousin! Such a small world! I saw your name on her blog and couldn't believe it! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time at Lake Powell! I love the lake!