Monday, August 4, 2008

One busy Weekend....

Okay... so first i have to apologize! My mother said that my last post sounded like a pity party-- DID NOT... i repeat DID NOT mean for it to sound like that!! So, i apologize for that one!! I do however want to thank all my friends and family for the goodies, and cards, and wonderful birthday wishes!!! THANK YOU!!
Now, I am going to apologize again, for the picture overload below.
Rhett and I drove to St. George two weekends ago for a very busy three day trip. We arrived on Thursday, late i might add, and then we got up at a decent time friday morning to help prepare for my little bro's reception. The reception was at my parents house. My parents did a good job, the house and the backyard looked awesome!! My little brother likes mexican food, so my mom had Irmitas come and cook tacos, burritos, mojitas, quesadillas, whatever you wanted, they made it right there!! I thought that my husband was in heaven, it was awesome!! We also have a neighbor that owns a Frazzle machine(it is kind of like a slurpee) and he let us borrow his machine for the event.... but he ended up leaving it there all weekend!! Man were we frazzled out!! Irmitas also brought over a Horchata machine-- another family favorite and well she left that all weekend too!! It was like a regular beverage bar in our backyard all weekend!! Below is the Hansen attempt at a family picture, i think it turned out good, except we all kept trying to get the baby to look at the camera and well does that ever work out for anyone??? Here is the lovely couple!!! Kyle and Kylee... yes that is how you spell it... funny huh?? I told my little bro that he needs to name his first child Kyler, just because i think it would be funny!!Aren't they just so cute... my mom wanted the event to be casual so the bride to be wore a cute white sundress i thought that was a great idea! We had so many wonderful friends and family come to share their congratulations...
Even my good friend kristen came to share her support... Turns out my brother is connected to her family in more ways than one--- Her family grew up in my ward, and then her Father-in-law turned out to be my brothers bishop-- i believe... talk about a small town. I don't know why we didn't get a picture, i love to see my blogging friends in person and well, i totally forgot to take a pic. It was so good to see her!! Thanks for coming Kristen!


Here is me and the hubby... The wedding colors are orange, lime green and yellow... Thus the matching shirts!!


Sara, Kylee, and Amy And yes, don't worry Amy and I had matching outfits!! My mom found these skirts and they were perfect with Kylee's colors! And the best part is you can wear them again. Honest!!

My mother and I... do we look tired or what?? This picture was taken at like 10:30. The party didn't start until 8- so you can imagine by the time everyone left it was going on 11:30. Then we had to clean up. Oh dear, it was a long day!! Rhett and i cleaned up and then headed to bed somewhere around 1-- makes me tired thinking about it!!

Don't worry the party is not over yet... The next day we had to be at the temple by nine because my older brother Jayson and his wife Amy were taking their new baby through the temple. This is a picture of Aiden and I at the reception at my moms house, he looks so happy-- Amy and I worked real hard for that smile!! And he is a great baby and hardly ever cries, but this smile is really a whimper!! I don't think he was very happy.. but he fooled the camera!!
Here is the family after the Baby sealing!!
Rhetts sister and her new husband joined us in the temple and came to all our family events!! It was so great to see them!! I wish we could have spent longer with them... After this morning event we ran home and the boys went for a quick round of golf and my mom and i ran to the mall in search for some shoes for the wedding in Idaho. Then we quickly ran back home to watch the lovely new couple open presents and by the the time we were through, we ran to my brothers for a BBQ for the baby. Which started at about 6- Tired yet??
My brother just finished landscaping his backyard.. i should have taken pictures, my dad and him did a great job. It had a cute little sand area for the kids too and let me tell you it was a hit for the little ones!! I didn't take any pictures that night, but it was beautiful and the weather wasn't too hot...


So we pulled another late nighter there, and then we got up Sunday morning to be to the baby blessing at nine!! Whew!! The following are some family pictures we took after the blessing...


One of the girls...


one of the boys......

And the whole family!!

After that Rhett and I jumped back on the road and headed to Phoenix!!
It was great to see friends and family... i am sorry that we missed some of you too... it was just such a fast, busy event filled trip. But don't worry we will be back soon i am sure!!

10 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Cute pictures Sar. And can I say that is the coolest reception ever. I love Mexican food and slurpees, I would have been in Heaven too! You look darling!

XO said...

ooh, I love the colors. Very original. Good luck getting any baby to look at the camera. They always smile after they see the flash. :)

Andrea F. said...

wow..crazy i cant believe your little bro got married..i just remember them being so small! the reception looked gorgeous!

Our Family said...

What a fun reception. You guys are creative and I love the colors for the wedding.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

come home to us!!! glad you had fun. your family is so cute.

Kade and Kaylee said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go back home to St. George! I miss that place! Sounds like an exciting weekend! Now how about you guys stop travelling for a minute and stay here in AZ to play with us!!

kalie said...

U look beautiful in orange! It's a credit to your talent that ppl keep asking me about my hair. It's not me--it's you! THANX SO MUCH!

Criscell said...

What a FUN time with your family!! That reception sounds amazing--and I love your outfit! You're all so photogenic!

Christin said...

How fun, that baby is adorable! So cute and chubby!

McDuffie Family said...

funny! My sis and I a couple of weekends ago went to Tai Pan to browse, and I could've sworn I saw you leaving, but it was far away, and I figured no.........but i wonder if it was you.......now I wished I had made a fool out of myself and called your name to say hi. Looks like a cute couple. THAt's exciting about your bro. Sounds like avery tiring weekend, but man, that mexican food sounds yummy!