Friday, February 8, 2008

Cafe Rio!!

Okay, as some of you have asked(and others requested)...
My friends and I here in arizona, most of them are either from Utah, or have lived in Utah for some time period. This means that we all love Cafe Rio!! Well, in good ole' Glendale the closest Cafe Rio is in Chandler, which is like 45 minutes away. So most of us couples hit up Cafe Rio when we go to the temple (which is about a 4-5 hour round trip), so anyway every couple weeks we all get together and have Cafe Rio. Everybody brings something, and well it is delicious! So as requested here are the recipes: But just so you know- our friend Issac shared the pork recipe with me, and our friends Carlie and Ryan shared the dressing with me... So hopefully they don't care if i post this!

Cafe Rio Dressing


3 tomatillos
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1 pkg. buttermilk ranch dressing mix
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tsp. sugar
1/2-3/4 tsp. salt
juice from half a lime
5 stalks green onions(with stems)
Mix all ingredients in blender. Makes about 2 1/2 cups.

Cafe Rio Pork

1 boneless pork shoulder roast
1 can coca-cola
1 can green enchilada sauce
1/2-1 cup brown sugar
Place pork in crock pot and add coca cola(add as much as you think, i usually use like 3/4 quarters of the can). Cook for 4-5 hours, or until it shreds easily. Drain fat and coke from crock pot, shred pork, then place back in the crockpot and add can of enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Cook about one more hour.

10 comments:

WesExpress said...

Thanks Sara! We had such a nice time at your house on Sunday and the food was Amazing! Thank you so much for inviting us.

Criscell said...

Thanks SO much for posting these recipes, Sara! It was super yummy, and you were so sweet to have us over. We had a great time!

Becky said...

thank you thank you and thank you. i am already craving it again. i think there is some addictive ingredient in the pork. maybe it's the caffeine from the coke. it is so dang good.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Yummy! Thanks so much!

Amber said...

Thanks sara! That's awesome, i can't wait to try it!

Drew and Michele said...

We know what it is like not to live by a cafe rio, we have to go across the country to get it. We do something similar with our friends out here to get our rio fix!!

Sam, Kim and E-Z said...

I got your blog from Katie's. I had a good time walking with you the other day. Let's do it again! We should get together more often. Looks like you are a big cook. Very cool. I love to cook and I'm really starting to get into it. Pretty cool about the cafe rio leak. I gotta try that!

Linds said...

YUMMY! Thanks, Cafe Rio is the best!

Kiley said...

Hey I'm so glad you found me!!! Your blog is so cute!! Now we can keep in touch better! I'm so glad you have the pork recipe I have the chicken one but I wanted the pork!

Coleen Ure said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment, I'm really glad I found your blog because I love cafe rio pork! The dressing is good, too. Thanks a ton.