Monday, February 4, 2008

Good ol' Albertson's...

So I almost ALWAYS go to Albertson's to do my weekly grocery shopping. There is a Fry's across the street(which i should go there, just to support the name!), and there is a walmart a few blocks away, which is cheaper, but why drive that far?? Well, anyway i just got home from albertsons and they are always really friendly there- the staff is trained so well and they just meet all your shopping needs... and well that is why i keep going there...
Anyway, i went today and i try to look pretty inconspicous as i shop- get in and get out is my motto when it comes to grocery shopping- but today the produce guy who always politely says hi to me whenever i am there(i always thought he was just being polite)... started up a conversation... He was like "Hey how are you, havent seen you for a while(see- last week i went Wal-mart!)did you watch the superbowl, who did you want to win...yadda...yadda...yadda..." we had a nice conversation, and i was surprised he knew me!!
So i continued on and another man, i think he is like the assistant manager because i see him all over the store- He always asks me if i need help- He stopped this time and said "How are you? Shopping early today?(that is because I go at night a lot)..." Shoot, i was recognized again!
So then, i go to check out and the lady at the register is like "oh i see your not paying with $1's today!" this is because i always pay with my tips from the salon(poor lady, probably hates me).
So turns out i have only been going there for about 6 months and looks like i have some friends- does that mean i go to the grocery store to much?? At least I got a good laugh as i left the store! I went to the Albertson's in small town Cedar City for a year and a half and no one knew me there except for a boy named robert, and that is only because he is related!!!
Well, it looks like if i ever get lonely in arizona i can just go hang out at Albertson's!!

10 comments:

Criscell said...

I love it! Thanks for the laugh, Sara!

WesExpress said...

That is so funny! Now I want to shop Albertson's too.

McDuffie Family said...

That's awesome! You should be in a commercial for Albertson's...talking about their service! I love albertsons as well........the one in washington is the only one we can find our fav. ben and jerry's ice cream (Oatmeal cookie chunk)

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

i agree! the produce guys are super super friendly there! they practically walk across the produce section to say "hi" and see if you need anything. i love that you don't need the savings card anymore either!(i can never find it in my bulky wallet)

Criscell said...

Sara! You figured out how to get the scrapbook-looking background! I love it! Tell me how you did it? What site did you go to again?

Andrew and Sara said...

Sara ---- I love the new background. You’re going have to show me how you changed it.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That is funny... I do agree, they are pretty friendly there!

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

i just checked out that blog you told me about. OH my gosh! that blog is sooo crazy. they really are so lucky that no one got seriously hurt. wow!

Criscell said...

Sara, what blog is Carlie talking about in her above comment?

Drew and Michele said...

that is a pretty funny story, you are just a likable girl!!! thanks for the laugh!