Monday, February 18, 2008

Craft Day!!

Today i didn't have to work, so i decided to a have a quick little craft day! it was quite successful. I have been wanting to make a recipe book for quite a while(like 2 years) and i started one a while ago, but i didn't like it much. So i decided to start another one and well, this one turned out pretty cute. I even made the outside cover by myself!! I especially like the soup page! Now i have a perfect place to put all these wonderful recipes that everyone has shared!




This is the other crafty item i completed today, okay i didn't make it, but i did paint it... it turned out well, but it doesn't hold too many of my spice bottles. So we will see how long it stays on the counter. It might have to go back to the Goodwill, which is where i got it in the first place...
This is what my poor husband did today... Make a mess of our kitchen table??? No, well, kind of!! The poor kid has been studying since 5 this morning!! Thank you for working so hard honey, you are going to do great on your finals!! This is the only week that i let Rhett get away with the kitchen table looking like this, Rhett is famous for leaving piles of papers everywhere, his mom and i give him a hard time about. We always tease him, "Rhett what are you going to do when you are a doctor and you have to keep all your patient info. and papers organized?" Rhett responds with, " My nurses will clean it up and organize it for me!!'



13 comments:

Criscell said...

What a creative gal you are, Sara! I love the cookbook! The spice rack is also a great idea--I've thought of getting one before. Rhett's piles look more organized that Caleb's!

McDuffie Family said...

That's awesome sara! Can you make one for me :)! I know what you mean about piles of paper everywhere! Hey, your table looks like ours.........we got ours at K-mart and it is by far my favorite(and cheaper). Hope your hubby does well at finals!

Unknown said...

Hi Sara, This is Janel Higham (now Hillstrom) we went to PV together until I moved before junior year. Any recollection? Just wanted to say hello! I still have a scrap book page you made me when I moved.

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Craft Days are SOOO fun! I need a craft day or two or three to finish a couple quilts I have started and never finished!

You cookbook is awesome! Tell Rhett good luck w/ finals!

Our Family said...

Way to go Sara! You are super creative. I love the red color you painted your spice rack.

I'm always getting on Wes for leaving piles of papers every where too and he doesn't even go to school. Must be a boy thing.

Christin said...

How fun is craft day!

Linds said...

Cute book! What a great idea. My sister-in-laws made me one when I got married and I use it all of the time! They are the best!

Dave and Natasha said...

That's what I need to do with all my recipies that are floating around, start my own book... my mom made one, so usually i just write in some recipies on the backs of pages, but I keep thinking that someday I will get organized and start my own, like if I find recipies on a cooking show or in magazines that I would cut and save... we'll see though! The spice rack looks sorta like the one I have, but it came with spice jars... I wonder if you could buy some jars, that way they all fit?

Jess said...

I love craft day!!! We should do one together!

Andrew and Sara said...

Cute book, you’re so crafty. Thanks for feeding my husband the other night; he says you’re a good cook.

Crescent said...

Very cute projects! I've been meaning to make a recipe book too, but we'll see when it will actually happen. I try to imagine a day where we will not have any huge textbooks and stacks of paper lying all over our house....maybe someday right? Well I can dream at least.

Becky said...

ditto, zac does the same thing with our ktichen table. he stacks his mail, school work and anything else he doesn't have a place for there. it drives me nuts. sorry babe, i am not your secretary or nurse, so you better shape up! one day i think they will see the other side and feel how nice it is to be organized, i hope.

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

sara-

thank you so much for the cookies and cute card the other day. you are so thoughtful. can't wait for you guys to get back so we can play games and get back to our cute crafts!!!